As we say goodbye to super-short Heart Month, a.k.a. February today, I want to share a few items of note:
- I am 1 in 100!
- I started my fundraising with the Adult Congenital Heart Association in their annual Congenital Heart Walk back in 2011. So this year is lucky #7 & my 40th!
- I have walked every year (except 2012, you don’t want the why!) with family and friends by my side all the time. Mom, Dad, a boyfriend, a fiance, now my husband!, step-daughter, in-laws, a niece, girlfriends, and most special – the daughter of a girlfriend, who was also born with Congenital Heart Disease. (that is right, we were 2 in 100 that year!)
- Friends & family & friends of family amaze me every year. This year I set a high bar for $4000 (10x my age!) and with just two weeks of fundraising complete as of today, I have raised $1445 from 20 kind, generous & super-supportive people. That’s an average of $72.25 per person! Average! I gave just a measly $40 in honor of my 40 trips around the sun! What will you give? As little, or as much, or as clever an amount you want to donate will be most appreciated and put to good use – all for the cause!
- Since you know I kept track, I have to say that my first year of fundraising was my best yet – let’s do it again! As of today I’m neck and neck with the top individual fundraiser to date for this year’s walk.
- Please – Join us April 29th – I promise it will be as spring-y then as it has been lately in the area!
For me, for forty, for the other 1 in 100
hover over pics to see corresponding year!